State and County Parks:
1. <https://www.dec.ny.gov/outdoor/82098.html>. This is an interactive map of all the park in New York State that can be accessed for leisure activities. Just click region 1,2, or 3 for the names, information, locations and contact information of all New York State Parks in Suffolk, Nassau, New York City, Westchester, Ulster, Sullivan, Putnam, Orange, Rockland, and Orange Counties.
2. <https://www.dec.ny.gov/outdoor/7951.html>. This is a link from the New York Department of Environmental Conservation on all fishing spots in New York City, Nassau County, and Suffolk County. Click on the names of parks to get access information, description of the waterway and types of fish found in that waterway. Be sure to check New York State Regulations for in season fish and fishing permits.
3. <https://www.suffolkcountyny.gov/Departments/Parks/Our-Parks>. This is a link to Suffolk County Parks Department with a list of local parks and activities to do at all county parks that includes hiking, bicycling, kayaking, and canoeing.
1. <https://www.moma.org/>. Visit the Museum of Modern Art to view information on the latest exhibits, artist biographies, and other historical information. Some of the exhibits can be viewed online and are supported with audio descriptions of the actual exhibits. It’s a great way to visit the museum without actually going to the museum.
2. <https://www.amnh.org/>. The American Museum of Natural History offers a number of online educational videos, virtual exhibit tours, and information on other research. It’s a great way to learn about the natural world without ever leaving the house.
3. <https://nassaumuseum.org/>. The Nassau County Museum of Art maintains a number of online collections, videos, and lectures for the public to view. It is another great way to get away without ever leaving the house.
4. <https://www.licm.org/>. The Long Island Children’s Museum offers a number of exhibits popular with children. It is a great way for children to explore, learn, and engage with the world.
5. <https://www.intrepidmuseum.org/AircraftCarrierIntrepid.aspx> The Intrepid is a great family adventure in which you can learn about US military history, US planes used in combat, and other related topics. The Intrepid website offers interactive links to view current exhibitions, view online lectures, and information about upcoming camps and activities.
Other Online Resources:
1. <https://www.loc.gov/collections/>. The Library of Congress website offers access to a wide range of topics from music, history, immigrations, The Great Depression, Rosa Parks. Learn about American history without ever leaving the comfort of your own home.
2. <https://www.nasa.gov/>. NASA offers a unique website in which you can learn about space travel, the lunar missions, and even watch actual spacewalks for free directly from their website. This is a great way to learn about science and space without ever leaving the house.
3. <https://www.ted.com/about/programs-initiatives/tedx-program>. Ted X offers a wide range of online lectures from gardening, art, history, and music. These short talks offer a unique educational opportunity for you on a rainy day to see things in a different way.